December means only one thing in my house – it’s time to deck the halls! I don’t know about y’all, but I’m always a little cash-strapped during the holiday season. That’s why I love this DIY felt mistletoe tutorial from It’s Overflowing. Why buy expensive Christmas décor when you can make it yourself?
- Pom poms
- Green felt
- Floral wire
- Green yarn
- Jute twine
- Hot glue gun
- Wind the yarn around the floral wire to give the yarn some support.
- Once the floral wire is completely covered, tie it into a bow, leaving length to attach leaves and berries.
- Cut out leaves (pictured below). These are about 4 inches in length and 1/2 inch in width.
- Use the hot glue gun to sandwich floral wire between two pieces of felt.
- With the leaves doubled, twist them around the mistletoe stems (yarn wrapped in floral wire). Wrap them in such a way that each 4-inch piece of felt becomes two separate leaves.
- Then, use the hot glue gun to attach white pom poms to the mistletoe.
- Use jute twine to hang the mistletoe from a branch.
- Grab your honey for a kiss!
See the original tutorial here.
As SweetJack’s resident social media wizard, Marianne keeps our lives Pinteresting and well updated on the Twitter. Loves: T-Rex jokes (the whittle arms), baby animals and home beauty tricks. Hates: Florida football fans.