Happy Cinco de Drinko er… Mayo SweetJack fans! Many of you will be celebrating the holiday with the traditional tacos, chips and salsa combination. I want to mix things up a little bit and share this delicious recipe for Mexican lasagna from our friend Pam of For the Love of Cooking. Be sure to check out even more delicious Mexican recipes on her blog (you won’t regret it!).
- 3-4 flour tortillas
- Refried beans
- Black beans
- Frozen sweet corn, thawed
- Tomatoes, diced
- Black olives, sliced
- Green onions, sliced
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey
- 1 small sweet yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the ground beef or turkey and break up into small pieces.
- Add onion and seasonings and mix thoroughly. Cook until meat is done and onion is tender (6-7 minutes).
- Add minced garlic and stir for 60 seconds. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Evenly coat the bottom of the baking dish with salsa.
- Next, add a flour tortilla (tip: trim the sides to fit in dish).
- Spread refried beans over the entire tortilla then add cheese, meat, black beans, tomatoes, corn, black olives, and a bit of green onion.
- Spread some more salsa over the top and add another flour tortilla.
- Repeat the layering process 2-3 times.
- On the final layer add the tortilla, a thick layer of salsa and cheddar cheese, then sprinkle black olive slices.
- Cover and bake in oven for 25 minutes. Remove lid and bake an additional 5-7 minutes or until the cheese turns golden brown.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Top it off with fresh guacamole and sliced green onions.
Are you making a special Cinco de Mayo dinner? Let us know in the comments below!
Related SweetJack Deals:
- Ann Arbor: 50% Off Moe’s Southwest Grill ($14 to spend)
- Atlanta: 60% Off Village Taqueria ($50 to spend)
- Cedar Rapids: 50% Off El Cactus ($20 to spend for $10)
- Dallas: 50% Off Don Juan’s Romantic Mexican Food ($16 to spend)
- Indianapolis: 50% Off Mi Tenampa Authentic Mexican Restaurant & Bar ($10 to spend)
- Kansas City: 50% Off Chapala Mexican Restaurant ($20 to spend)
- Nashville: Win a $20 SweetJack to Swanky’s Taco Shop
- Santa Barbara: 50% Off Altamirano’s Mexican Grill ($20 to spend for $10)
- Toledo: 50% Off Salsarita’s Fresh Cantina ($20 to spend for $10)