Happy National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day! I don’t know about you, but I’m all about celebrating this sweet holiday. I’m going to start with this delicious recipe for chocolate chip cookie pie from the Vanilla Sugar Blog. Bon appétit!
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Coat cast iron skillet with non-stick spray.
- Combine flour, salt and baking powder in a medium bowl.
- Cream the butter and sugars.
- Add eggs and egg yolk to the butter mixture and mix.
- Add vanilla extract to butter mixture and mix until just combined.
- Combine dry ingredients with butter mixture and stir.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Evenly press the cookie dough into the skillet, using wet hands to make sure the dough is even in the corners.
- Place skillet in oven, then turn temp down to 325 degrees. Bake for about 25-40 minutes (check at 25 minutes and rotate halfway through).
- Let cool for at least an hour before slicing.
What’s your favorite chocolate chip recipe? Let us know in the comments below!