Cinco de Mayo is only days away… Planning a little fiesta? Have we got a recipe for you: fresh pineapple salsa from Salsa del Rio! Use it to top off your favorite baked fish or include it in a chicken quesadilla for the ultimate Mexican feast. Don’t forget to include a side of margarita for good measure!
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh pineapple
- 2 tbsp finely chopped onion
- 1 tbsp finely chopped red bell pepper, optional
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp honey
- Dash of ground red pepper, cayenne or chipotle
- 2 tsp finely minced jalapeno pepper, optional
- juice of 1 fresh lime, (squeeze half the lime)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Salt to taste (sea salt recommended)
Cedar Rapids residents, be sure to check out our sweet deal! Just $4 gets you $8 worth of homemade tacos, tamales or taquitos from Salsa del Rio.